• Gongkwon Yusl System
  • Gongkwon Yusul Program
  • Franchise Type
  • Gongkwon Yusul Franchise
  • Introduction of Gongkwon Yusul
  • Community

Announcements

영문_공지사항

US based martial art's new innovation and Gongkwon Yusul.

페이지 정보

writer 공권유술창업 date15-02-27 18:03 count2,059 comment0

본문

US based martial art's new innovation and Gongkwon Yusul.

All over the world, martial arts have gained a lot of interest from people. Especially martial arts from the Asian countries. The Asian martial arts has constructed the techniques of over powering others to a whole new level. Most importantly, the teachings of an Asian culture's mannerism and one's teachers' history and philosophy. Besides physical conditioning, a complete understanding of a world with your mind were emphasized. But, these types of a teachings started to disappear as we reached 21st century. A mix of a cultures are leading the Asian martial arts to become just an another way to loose weight or for an entertainment purposes.

Some masters started to think the techniques of over powering your opponents are more important and as for the students, they only have interest in learning these techniques. How does a martial art that you are learning changes and gives you a fulfillment in your life?, are not in the minds of students.

" Because of all the efforts put in by the masters who came to America before us, are the reason why young masters now exist. Still teaching alone, they deserve our full respect. "

USA Gongkwon Yusul Director Mater Joontae Kim had said to me in march 2013, when I hosted USA's second Gongkwon yusul seminar in Las Vegas. He is respectful to all and has a great manner. still, being early 30's this type of mind surprised me a lot.

He is pursuing a new expressions of the USA's martial arts. This is what I have been pursuing from the beginning of a Gongkwon Yusul in 1996. He was especially sad to see that the traditions are being damaged in the martial art schools across America. Even in America, martial arts are becoming more for kids just like in Korea. More and more adults are turning their backs on martial arts. Now days, the masters have to worry about students as a customers and have to notice what the student's parents want, instead of focusing on teaching the students all the things they must know and do as a true martial artist.

"All the traditions that early masters taught has completely disappeared and all the philosophies that were emphasized are disappearing. Now days, we do not know what martial arts are truly and cannot recognize how it formed." When he said this, I definitely understood because I believe the same.

His main point of the conversation was that America needs a true martial arts studios. Instead of focusing too much on money or competitions within studios, a programs that can teach the true meaning of a martial art needs to be established.
In order for me to support this, I have made the regulations that states, Only one Gongkwon Yusul studio can be opened in each city so that the masters can teach freely without the worries of the competitions. Also no fee is required to be part of International Gongkwon Yusul association from masters or students.

Emphasizing this unified regulations of Gongkwon Yusul, all Gongkwon Yusul studios can teach same programs and systems. we also emphasize depending on how each masters' personality is, can modify how to teach their students.

Awhile ago, He sent me an email.

" I will do my best to help all the masters so that Gongkwon Yusul studios in America can thrive. Also I will do my best to respect and have a good manner towards all the masters. I believe this, I must do as a young master."

GongKwon Yusul is like a deep ocean that has not fully uncovered yet. A real traditional martial art does not follow new trends, It leads it. Even the techniques that has not been made yet need to be made by combining of the philosophies and using tradition as a base.

In summer, every time when sun shines brightly, every time when sweat accumulate on my back and when I feel dehydrated, I will remember him training hard with his students on top of matts of Gongkwon Yusul studio.

Written by : Grand Master Jun Kang
Translation by : Danville Gongkwon Yusul studio master Young Kim

Comment List

no data.